Friday, July 31, 2015

Why We Use Mother Goose Time

We just finished up our fifth month using Mother Goose Time, which is a complete preschool curriculum.  And when I say complete, I mean complete.  Each month comes with a music CD, book, manipulatives, craft materials, science experiments, snack ideas, detailed lesson plans, and so much more.  My girls have been loving the activities and can't wait to "do school" everyday.  I love the ease of this program. There is a gathering list supplied every month so once you get household items together like paints, magazines, etc. all you have to do is open your day bag and you're ready to go.  Instead of trying to find ideas from pinterest and then spending time running around gathering the needed materials, I have time to spend with my girls.  I also like that when a craft needs googly eyes the number I need are provided.  I don't have to waste money buying bags of craft supplies just for one piece, and I don't have to worry about where to store all the leftovers.  Mother Goose Time comes up with things I wouldn't normally have thought of or tried and frequently it's these simple ideas that my girls love the most, like taping solar system orbits on the floor for them to follow or putting bubble mix in a pan for them to make bubbles with. 
playing in the orbits
I love watching my girls learn and grow.  With all the open ended questions Mother Goose Time asks it's easy to gauge how much they're learning and the fun lessons make it so much easier for them to retain the information.  The monthly box for August even came with a baseline assessment so you can actually measure your child's progress throughout the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment