Sunday, December 18, 2016

Winter Dancing

Every month we get the dance n' beats add on that Mother Goose Time offers.  It comes with a DVD of choreographed songs, which are from the monthly CD.  It also includes a guide book with the words to the songs and additional ideas.  The girls love to dance and we use the DVD's a lot, but I usually forget to use the guide book.  
I've been trying to remember to incorporate the extra ideas from the book.  This month I went through it when I got it, picked out the extra ideas I wanted to do with the kids, and then made a note in the lesson plan book for the days the activities would best tie in.
And I finally remembered to use the book.  On pine tree day I noted there was a hat craft the girls would like.  And on owl day there was a cup owl craft I knew they would love.  This month there was also a snowflake wand and a few other ideas we've been adding to our regular day.  
Now that I've finally figured out a way to use the guide book that works for me, the girls get to have fun dancing and also doing extra activities that I would normally forget about.

2 comments: