Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Growing Gardens

Starting in May we'll be learning all about gardens with Mother Goose Time.  We were on vacation for 2 weeks in April and didn't get to finish all of the ocean theme, but I have the extras saved for a rainy day.  As much as I hate for vacation to end, I'm excited to get back to our routine using Mother Goose Time.  I briefly skimmed through the bags, and this month looks like there will be a lot of fun activities for the kids.
each day covers a new topic
 We'll be using the dance n' beats dvd and supplemental book again this month.  My girls both love these dvd's and dance to them all month long.
Addie will be getting extra math and reading practice with the more math and reading books.
 I also get the Little Goose book for Elli.  It gives great ideas on how to tailor the lessons plans to younger kids.
inside the teacher tool bag
Each month also comes with manipulatives and a book. 
I opened the bag for the first day just to get an idea of what we'd be doing this month.  There are the name tags and look and find poster that come every month.  There is also a parent newsletter (not pictured).  Day 1 is soil, and there is a bag of dirt, grass seeds, cups to plant them in, and a tracking sheet where the girls will record their observations. 
This is bag 1 of 20, and I can already tell the girls are going to love this theme.

2 comments: