Monday, March 12, 2018

The Moon and Stars

We've finally started March's space theme with Mother Goose Time.  The first two days we spent learning about stars and the moon.  This is the very first theme I started blogging with 3 years ago, and it is one of my favorites.  
I taped stars all over the room, and the kids had to collect them and then sort them by size/color.  They loved this and I had to rehang them 3 times, and then the following day they asked to play it again.
The kids made star headbands and decorated them with glitter.
The kids practiced writing their names, the older ones are starting to write their last names.
One of the manipulatves this month are glow in the dark stars.  The kids used them to build constellations. 
This months rhyme time poster is Hey Diddle Diddle.  When we got to the part with the cow I changed it to one of the kids names, and they got to jump over the "moon."
They decorated bags and made moon rocks out of tinfoil.
They also used paly dough to made moons and added craters.
We'll be using the my little journals all month, today the kids made a paper moon for the cover and practiced writing their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment