Saturday, January 14, 2017

Carrying Babies in the Mouth

Week 2 of Mother Goose Time's baby animals theme is all about carrying babies.  For day 6 we talked about how animals carry their babies in their mouths.  
We talked about what it means to be gentle.  Elli carried a piece of bread around the table in her mouth without leaving teeth marks in it.  She was pretending to be a cat carrying a kitten.  She thought it was really funny that animals carry their babies like this.
We talked about how some fish babies hide in their parents mouth if danger is around.  Elli made her own fish out of a cup.
I filled the fish craft up with pieces of bread (I didn't have goldfish crackers) and Elli worked on guessing if there were more or less than 5, and then checking the answer with the help of the counting cards.
Elli played carry the baby.  There were 6 photos of animal babies on the floor.  She would roll the pocket cube and then pick up the correct animal baby and carry it "home" using tongs.
Elli completed the number 5 page of her my little journal.  She drew a fish and gave it 5 fingerprint babies.
The fish craft got some more use.  Elli made play dough fish and would put them in the fish cup to avoid danger.

2 comments:

  1. Your ideas are great! To tell the truth, I always wonder if I'm doing my best to help my baby girl develop her brain and thinking. I'm 100 % sure that babies are born ready to learn, and their brains develop through use. Creating educational environment should be one of the main aims of every parent.

    ReplyDelete