Saturday, September 10, 2016

Setting Up Mother Goose Time

 September marks the beginning of the school year with Mother Goose Time.  The first box of the year comes with an all new circle time display.  I use a smaller trifold board that doesn't hold everything, so I just pick the stuff I know will get the most use.  I even kept some of the things from last year that I liked, such as the days of the week.  We use the display every day during circle time to review the days of the week, count on our calendar, and talk about the weather.  When we're done it folds up and gets stored in a closet.
Also included in the first box are scheduling pieces.  I haven't figured out where to put these yet, but have just been setting them out in the order we will be using them for the day. I've only just started using them and it has been making the day go a lot smoother.  Whenever we finish an activity Elli runs over to see what is next.
I changed the way I have been storing the daily bags.  Previously I used a rolling cart, but now I just keep everything in the monthly box, stood up vertically for easy access.  
I stopped using our rolling cart to store Mother Goose Time materials, because it now stores all of our art materials.  The girls have been loving the invitations to create so much that I wanted to put all the materials within easy reach.  This way they can freely create throughout the day whenever inspiration strikes.
Since making everything more accessible my girls have already created numerous projects all by themselves.  Addie loves being able to use the hot glue gun whenever she wants, and has created a reindeer and a helicopter that also goes in water since getting free reign on the supplies.  I love seeing the creative things that the girls come up with.






No comments:

Post a Comment